The Financial Aid Head Start Program includes 4 modules and includes 16 lessons. Each lesson includes a self-paced video, workbooks and worksheets to assist you with your financial aid journey.
Module One: It's all about the FAFSA
- Lesson 1: An introduction to the FAFSA Application
- Lesson 2: Ready Set Go! Complete the FAFSA
- Lesson 3: Know your FAFSA Formula
- Lesson 4: A Live FAFSA walk through
Module Two: Understanding how Colleges Award Financial Aid
- Lesson 5: Let's take a deep dive into the Cost of Attendance
- Lesson 6: Understanding your Federal EFC - What the Federal Government thinks you can pay for college
- Lesson 7: How much financial aid are you eligible for?
- Lesson 8: Financial Aid Award Letters - the ins and outs
Module Three: Financial Aid Program Overview
- Lesson 9: Free Federal and State Financial Aid Programs
- Lesson 10: Student Employment
- Lesson 11: Student Loans
- Lesson 12: College Grants and Scholarships
Module Four: Insider tools and tips of the trade
- Lesson 13: The Path to Private Scholarships
- Lesson 14: Resources for Parents
- Lesson 15: The CSS Profile
- Lesson 16: Verification
Each lesson includes a short video, printable workbook and resources.